- India has dominated rivalry India vs PakIndia vs Pakistan t20 world cup just like they did in the 50 over World Cup, and have won every encounter so far.
MS Dhoni-led India to five wins over Pakistan in ICC T20 World Cups, and Virat Kohli is now on the verge of continuing the dominance
India vs Pakistan t20 world cup
It is now decided. Another ICC tournament will see their eternal rivals clash. Virat Kohli’s India and Babar Azam’s Pakistan have been grouped together in the Super 12 stage at the upcoming ICC T20 World Cup. This tournament will be played in UAE, Oman starting October 17.
Due to Covid-19 in India, the tournament that was originally scheduled to be held in India was moved to Dubai. However, the Indian cricket board retains hosting rights. They will organize the event.
Because the two arch-rivals have not played bilateral cricket in the years since November 2008, the ICC events provide the only chance for them to face off on a cricket pitch.
Despite these contests being far and few, both sides have been intense in their matches. India has won every encounter so far in T20 World Cups and the 50 over World Cup.
T20 cricket’s popularity on the international stage was due to the India vs Pakistan final at the inaugural T20 World Cup.
These are the matches between India and Pakistan that have been played in the ICC’s T20 tournament.
1) Group Match, 2007 T20 WC – India beat Pakistan via bowl-out
Durban’s high-voltage match ended in a tie. Despite having three wickets, Pakistan failed to surpass India’s total score of 141. In the inaugural tournament, the tie-breaker was a bowl-out’ rather than a Super Over’. The Indians were able to hit the stumps with ease, while the Pakistanis couldn’t. This gave MS Dhoni and his young team an opportunity.
2 Final, 2007 T20 WC – India beat Pakistan by 5 runs
Both teams met in the final, and it was just as exciting as the group stage match. India finished at 157/5 with a strong performance by Rohit Sharma (30* and Gautam Gambhir (75) Pakistan seemed on track to chase down the target with Misbah-ul Haq as the sheet anchor. Misbah attempted a ramp shot in the final over. This was caught by MS Dhoni and led to a massive revival in Indian cricket.
3) Super 8s – India beat Pakistan 8 wickets
In the 2012 tournament in Sri Lanka, the two rivals clashed at the super eights. It was a one-sided match as the Pakistanis won for 128, while India took 3 wickets from Laxmipathy Balaji. Virat Kohli was unbeaten in the chase, scoring 78 runs from 61 balls.
4) Super 10s – India beat Pakistan 7 wickets
India maintained its vice-like grip over this rivalry, making mincemeat of Pakistan’s challenges yet again in Dhaka. In their 20 overs, the Pakistanis scored only 130/7. India won another one-sided match and managed to beat Pakistan with 9 balls left.
5) Super 10s. 2016 T20 WC. India beat Pakistan by 6 wickets
The match was supposed to be a huge success at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata but the rain spoiled the proceedings. The match was reduced down to 18 overs by the Pakistanis, who scored 118 runs in stop-and-start innings. The hosts were reduced to 23/3 by Pakistan before Virat Kohli showed his class. To single-handedly destroy arch-rivals again, he scored unbeaten 55 from 37 balls.
- INDIA VS PAKISTAN ICC T20 WORLD CUP India has faced Pakistan in five matches during ICC T20 World Cup tournaments. India has won four of the five games, while Pakistan came out on top in 0 of them. 1 match ended in a tie. India posted a record of 157 runs, while Pakistan posted 152 runs. These two teams met in WC. India posted the lowest total in the marquee event with 119 runs and Pakistan posted 118 runs.