West Bengal Marriage certificate It is the State Government of West Bengal has launched an online registration portal for marriages that allows individuals to quickly fill out and submit the WB marriage certification application. Before the introduction of this registration site, everyone had to go to the courthouse to register. The government made marriage registration mandatory starting on 14th February 2014. However, at the time, this online portal was not accessible until the year 2018 to make the process easier government created the website for Marriage Registration, to make the process simple and easy.
To register it is not necessary to employ an attorney or advocate, because the marriage registration process is not done through a court. To complete this West Bengal marriage certificate registration it is necessary to have a marriage officer selected through the Department of Judicial, of the West Bengal Government or as well as an Ex Officio Marriage Officers, which was appointed by the Department of Finance.
For more information about the registration process online for WB marriage certificates, or to learn more about the online registration process of WB marriage certificate or the Marriage officer, read the entire article and find all the information you need regarding the procedure.
WB Marriage Registration Portal
The government of West Bengal has been released the portal for MC on 1st December 2018, to ensure the benefit of Bengal’s citizens. The government is making it available accessible online, and the reason for this is to facilitate the process however, updating the information online enhances authenticity and reduces false documents. It is also easy to obtain information about the couple to use in any legal document. It is therefore essential for every couple to be registered with the online portal, in order to take benefit of government-sponsored services.
In the process of applying for certification, the value of the certificate is increased as well as being vital for the modern services provided through the state. Through the internet site, the federal government is able to make the process quick and also protects the data that are related to Polygamy, Grant citizenship, legal separation and other social and legal angles.
Purpose of WB Marriage Certificate Portal
The primary goal of this website is to the marriage certificate is to add an additional value to the marriage and a majority of couples benefit from the different schemes that were designed for families. If they’re married, only they are able to take benefit of this. In this manner, the government can help families in need after the verification process, which can be accomplished through this website.
The key features in WB Marriage Registration Online
In this section, we will outline the main points of the article, in table form, so that you get an idea of what the article is main topic, look at the block below:
|Department Name||Law Department Register General of Marriages|
|Category||Marriage registration certificate|
|Issued Authority||West Bengal Government|
|The portal’s online launch was in||1st December 2018|
|Status of Application Form||Active|
|Benefit||It is easy to obtain the MC the portal|
|Official web portal||www.rgmwb.gov.in|
West Bengal Marriage Certificate Act
In accordance with the guidelines of the government couples can request one or more marriage laws The procedure is according to the following:
- Special Marriage Act 1954
- Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act 1936
- Hindu Marriage Act 1955
- Indian Christian Marriage Act 1872
The above-mentioned acts are applicable to various religions or communities of the society. This means:
- If one belongs to the Hindu community, which comprises Virashaiba, Lingayat or is a member to Arya Samaj and Brahmo Prathana, they may go through the procedure that is outlined in this act, the Hindu Marriage Act 1955. The Act is also applicable to the Jaina, Sikh, or Buddhist.
- The Special Marriage Act of 1954 is in force when both bride and groom are from an entirely different cast. However, in this scenario the bride should be between the ages of 21 and 18 years old.
- Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act 1936 is valid for the Parsi society only.
- For Christians For Christians, the Indian Christen Marriage Act 1872, is in force.
Eligibility Criteria for West Bengal Marriage Certificate
There are a few essential criteria, under which every candidate must be healthy and fit. See the following list of criteria:
- The Bride and Groom should not be younger than 18 years old or 21 years old, respectively.
- The bride and the groom are not in forbidden relationship
- Each of them is a relative to the other.
Documents Required for WB Marriage Registration
This is the list of documents required that you must submit or upload together on the form. This list of documents follows:
|Wedding Photograph of Bride and Groom||Birth certificate that has been provided as age evidence|
|Addresses for residential use (both permanent and Present Address) are required to be submitted||Signing of Bride and Groom: it has to be signed, and will show the agreement of both|
|Aadhaar card(both the bride and groom) can be used as an identification document.||Copy of invitation card that is used to prove the validity of the wedding|
Advantages of Marriage Registration/Certificate
It is essential to understand the places where you can utilize this Marriage certificate for an authentication method, and the information you need is as follows:
- It’s an important proof of the union.
- A marriage certificate can be used for visa applications also.
- It is useful for claim on the bank and life insurance and also in the event of any of the insurance companies dies, the nominee could be able to claim the loss.
- With the aid of the Marriage certificate may be able to claim the Inherited property.
|Within 2 Months of Wedding||Rs.200|
|After 2 Months of Wedding||Rs. 400|
How can you find the fee required for WB Marriage Registration
The fees structure differs from Act to Act, and different acts have a fee structure for different certificates. To find out the fee structure according to your particular classification, follow the listed steps:
- Visit the official website for the West Bengal Marriage certificate,
- Click on the Public Services
- From there, you must select the option for Fees
- After you click the option after which you will be presented with the Fees Structure will open on your screen.
- Select an Act in the drop-down menu,
- The information will be displayed on your screen. Afterwards, you’ll have all the details about the fees structure.
Application Process for West Bengal Marriage Certificate
If you’re looking to complete an online registration to apply for your West Bengal Marriage Certificate, follow the steps below steps, you are able to fill out the application;
- Visit the official website rgmwb.gov.in,and
- Click on the registration option on the homepage,
- The link will lead you to a new page, on which you will be given the information,
- Read the instructions carefully before clicking the Proceed option.
- When you click on the link, you’ll be presented with the application form.
- If you must choose the appropriate act, and continue,
- Then, begin filling in the application form by filling in the details below,
Details of Groom/ Bride
|Full Name||Select Type of Guardian||Mother Name|
|Religion||Date Of Birth||Father Name|
|Aadhaar No.||Mobile No.||Email Id|
|Occupation||Present address detail||Nationality|
|Permanent Address||Current Marital Status||Upload Documents|
|BPL (Yes/ No)||Image||Signature|
|Details of the Social Marriage||The location of the wedding|
Copy of Invitation Card
|Information about the marriage officer||Select a marriage official|
|Registration Details||-Location of Registration|
- After filling in all the information, you need to write down the captcha code,
- click on the declaration option and select the submit option,
- In the future, if you need to reference. You can print the printout.
How To Track Registration Form of WB Marriage Certificate
After submitting, if you would like to keep track of the application You must visit the official website. Follow the following steps:
- Select”Public” Info option.
- Then select the Application Status.
- On the next screen you can select the kind of application:
- Application For Marriage
- Application For Objection
- After you have entered the Application Number.
- The status will be displayed to your display.
Process to Search for Marriage Officer
If you don’t know the local MO department, this section is useful in the search for the MO. To locate your MO you need to go to the West Bengal Online Marriage Registration Portal This link is below this article.
From the home page of the portal’s website, You must click on the Public Service and then choose Search MO. The new page will be displayed on your screen and you will have to select the Search Criteria (location-wise / MO Name wise)
In the location Wise section:
- You have to select the type of MO from the choices,
- Select the Location
- Select the Police Station
- Then, the list will be displayed similar to the one in the image.
By Name of the MO;
- Simply, you must select the option you want to use,
- The new page will appear, where you must enter the name of the MO, as well as search for it.
Request to alter to the West Bengal Marriage Officer for the marriage registration
To change for the Marriage Officer, open the https://rgmwb.gov.in/,and click to the Services. From there, you must select the Transfer option. On the next page, you need to enter the following information:
- Enter Application No.
- Date of Birth of Groom
- Date Of Birth of Bride
- The reason for the change in the MO
- Input the security number
- Click on the submit button
- Note down the ID of the request for later reference.
If you follow this process the request will be forwarded to the department concerned and, after confirmation that you have received, you’ll be capable of changing the marriage officer.
Method to submit the Feedback
In the feedback form, you can include positive and negative concerns in the column for expectations and then rate the service according to the services offered. For feedback to be completed via your official website, you will need to scroll to the bottom, and you will find the option to give feedback. After you click on the option, and the next page will appear on your screen, where you will have to enter your name, email-id, evaluate the portal for satisfaction level and Experience. Also, write your expectations, and then click the submit button. The form will appear as follows:
Important Features of the Marriage Acts
As you can see, on the columns that are above on which you can find the four marriage statutes In this section, we’ll discuss certain of the most important features of these documents. These are beneficial to be aware of. The specifics are as follows:
|Special Marriage Act 1954||Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act 1936||Hindu Marriage Act 1955||Indian Christian Marriage Act 1872|
|Men and women must be 21 years old or older.|
They must stay with each other for at least 30 days following the wedding.
The objection period for them extends to 30 days.
They both are required to provide their addresses and proof of age.
|* Two witnesses needed to witness the procedure of Ashirvad|
# Remarried when it isn’t legal
# Punishment is the biggestamy
# Certificate of registration
|Minimum age for girls is 18 years old. the man’s minimum age is 21 years.|
# Post-marriage registration
7.7 days is the period for objection
If there is no objection received within 7 days, the couple is legally registered.
#The applicant must belong to those who are Hindus, Virshaiba, Lingayat, Buddhist, Jain, Sikh or people who follow Brahma
Samaj, Prarthana Samaj and Arya Samaj.
|The age of the person must be at minimum 21 years old|
#the license granted to those couples who are Christian
#Appoint Marriage Registrar
# The marriage was solemnized between 6 AM to 7 Pm
Important Guidelines for West Bengal Marriage Registration
- Candidates should sign themselves on the bottom of their photograph. Remember that the signature has to be complete.
- The image must be clear, without stark shadows or any looking down, especially if you took the photo during an overcast day.
- Beware of red eye by flashing the photos, and clicking on the photos.
- Beware of reflections when wearing glasses to your eyes to ensure your eyes are able to be observed clearly. Use lighter color frames or avoid using glasses.
- The wearing of religious headwear is acceptable, but it shouldn’t be used to cover your mouth.
- While taking photos Caps, hats or dark glasses aren’t allowed to be worn.
- The photo should be in image format. Other formats aren’t acceptable.
- The scanner’s resolution should be at least 200 DPI i.e. dots per inch. Also, true color must be used prior to scanning.
- The candidate has to sign the documents with blue or black ink or on plain white paper.
- When scanning, ensure that the photos are in the correct place so that they will be easily visible, with no blur or cut image.
- The border of the image must be cropped correctly after scanning.
- The photograph’s height must have a 3.5 centimeters and 4.5 cm height and width in each case, i.e. 132px (width), and 170px (height).
- The image must be selected according to the format. Images in PNG format., JPEG and. JPG
- The file size must be at least 50Kb and up to 300Kb.
- Make sure that the legibility is maintained, and alter the size of the file to the correct size only.
- If it is evident that your photo is unclear to upload, you may upload it again, prior to you submit the application form.
Key Links of WB Marriage portal
|Apply Online Link||Click Here|
|Online Registration Link||Check Here|
|Wedding Registration Form PDF Download||Click Here|
|For Fees Structure||Check Here|
|Track Application Status Online||Visit Here|
|Search For Marriage Officer||Search Here|
|Request For Change the Marriage Officer||Visit Here|
|WB marriage registration Official Portal||Click Here|
Who is a Marriage Officer?
According to the official portal, there are two types of MO that are: Ex-officio Marriage Officers, and Non-Official Marriage Officers. Who is eligible to apply to this? Parsi Marriage Act 1936?
The Parsi Marriage Act was valid to Parsis as well as Zoroastrians. Where can I submit an application to apply for West Bengal Marriage Certificate?
To get the West Bengal Marriage Certificate, you must go to the official website, i.e. www.rgmwb.gov.inAre witnesses required to be present during a West Bengal Marriage Certificate procedure?
Yes, you will require witnesses for the confirmation procedure of marriage registration. Marriage registration. There are many ways I could apply for the marriage certificate?
There are two methods to fill the MC application form i.e. offline and online. What is the Contact No. in this West Bengal Marriage Certificate procedure?